Website Picture Contest 2018
The City of Lima Website Redesign
2018 City of Lima Photo Contest
The City of Lima is in the process of redesigning our website. As part of this effort, our design team is hosting a photo contest themed "Focus on Lima, Ohio." We welcome you capture the essence of daily life in Lima and submit your best high-resolution photographs to our team. Entries are due by May 29, 2018. We are looking for your personal perspective, experience or outlook on life in Lima, Ohio. We anticipate receiving images that depict vibrancy, vitality, and livability within our City. The photos may include people of all ages, either from afar or close up, involved in Lima's daily routine - whether it is work, play, cultural arts, sports, or even special events around town.
1. Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Lima, Ohio. For this contest, pictures taken at the reservoirs will be eligible.
2. Each participant may enter up to three photographs
3. Photographs must not have been previously published, whether on our site or another city/village site. Photographs originally posted to Instagram may be submitted. 4. Entries must be suitable for display on a public website.
5. We prefer, but do not require, photographs to be high resolution (300 dpi and/or 3 MB).
6. If the photo was taken in a public place, such as a park or on a city street, there is no need for a photo release of identifiable people. However, if the photo was taken in a private location, you will be required to submit a Photo Release (PDF) for each identifiable person in the photograph. To submit a picture - sign, scan and upload to our ONLINE FORM.
7. You must submit the contest Submission Agreement (PDF) with your photo submission. 8. All entered photographs may be used, with credit, as content on the City of Lima's website or in other non-commercial ways to promote Lima, Ohio. Anything submitted, regardless of format, may be used by the City of Lima, as it determines to be appropriate, on the City's website, or on any City of Lima social media site, or for any other City use or for use in the public domain. The submitter waives any and all rights to copyright, trademark, or any other rights to ownership or control of any work submitted.
9. By entering this contest, you agree to comply with the above rules and regulations.
The First Prize photo will receive special recognition by the Lima City Council and will be featured in upcoming City of Lima publications, including the redesigned City Website. The Top 10 finishers will receive a certificate and will be acknowledged at an upcoming Council meeting. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who will base their decision on clarity of photograph, composition of photograph, emotional impact of image and quality of subject.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Entries must be submitted digitally through the ONLINE FORM. The online form requires each participant to register at no cost. The ONLINE FORM will be open until May 29, 2018.
2. Photographs must be submitted as JPGs. (High resolution, if possible - 300 dpi and/or 3 MB)
3. There is NO ENTRY FEE.