A Guide to Protection Orders
Please do not report crimes to the Prosecutor’s Office.
Report them to your local Law Enforcement agency.
Steps you must take to ensure you are aware of the arraignment/protection order hearing.
- Call the Prosecutor’s Office (419-223-7272) at or shortly before 11:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Call the Prosecutor’s Office (419-223-7272) by at or shortly before 9:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- Ask if the suspect has been served with their criminal complaint.
- Check in with security at 1:45 p.m. on the day of the hearing so that she can tell you where to go.
- Prosecutor’s Office Phone Number: 419-223-7272.
If you don’t make the call everyday you will not know when the hearing is held and may miss out on your chance for a protection order from this Court.
- You do not need to come to the arraignment unless you want a protection order.
- Be at the courthouse by 1:45 P.M.
- Always wear proper clothes!
- If you must bring children, try to bring a friend with you to watch the children. Some Judges do not allow children in the courtroom, especially if they create a disturbance.
Important Safety Hints
For your safety we recommend that you:
- Have absolutely no contact with the defendant until the case is over.
- Not go to where the defendant is staying.
- Not let the defendant into your residence.
- Not telephone the defendant.
- Not try to persuade the defendant to violate the protection order.
Failure to appear for Court when subpoenaed may be punishable by a contempt of court action.
You may be the person assaulted/threatened (The victim), but the State of Ohio’s laws were violated. Therefore the prosecutor is responsible for making the decisions about all cases.
Your safety is important and you have a right to be safe!