Citizen Block Patrol involves residents and police working together for a common goal of crime prevention and reduction. Citizens will be trained to recognize and report suspicious activity in their neighborhoods, how to properly describe and relay this information, and what information is pertinent when calling the police.
Citizen Block Patrol is currently seeking volunteers that meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older
- US Citizen or legal resident
- Complete volunteer application and questionnaire
- Must live in the city of Lima and surrounding township areas
- Must pass a background check
- Must complete an 12 hour volunteer training course which includes a ride along (8hrs)
Citizen Block Patrol will be hosting training's throughout the year dates will be announced as applications are received. Prior to coming to the training class please print off and fill out the application completely and return to: Autumn Swanson, Neighborhood Specialist, 50 Town Square, Lima, Ohio, 45801. If you have any questions about the application or how to return the completed application contact 419.221.5177.
For more information on Citizen Block Patrol contact the Neighborhood Support Division at 419.221.5177.